So I haven’t personally made this yet but my mom has and I love it…which is weird because I hate sausage. Haha. So anyway, on to the recipe! This was found through epicurious!
Pasta e Fagioli Con Salsicce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) dried cannellini (white kidney) beans, picked over and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups canned beans (what we used)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional for boiling pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces tubetti, ditalini, or other small tubular pasta
Step 1) Combine beans and water to cover by two inches, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours (no need to do this if using the canned)
Step 2) Drain Beans.
Step 3) Over moderate-high heat combine beans, cold water to cover by 1 inch, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Boil, Reduce heat to low and simmer partially covered until tender, approximately 90 minutes. Drain and set aside. (again, no need if using canned)
Step 4) Over moderate-high heat, boil 6 cups salted water.
Step 5) Meanwhile, over moderate heat, heat remaning 2 tbsps olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add sausage, breaking it up, until browned about 6 minutes.
Step 6) Add onions and saute until transkucent, about 5 minutes.
Step 7) Add garlic, rosemary, beans, stock, pepper, and remaining 1 tsp salt and simmer.
Step 8) Reduce heat to moderate-low and simmer uncovered until heated, about 4 minutes.
Step 9) Cook pasta in boiling water until tender (about 8 minutes), drain, and stir into soup.
Step 10) Enjoy!!