I love watching the Doctors. Today they had a very large debate about introducing your children to fast food. Look, Scott and I think being healthy is a great way to go. We take daily vitamins, we try to buy the lesser fat products, but let’s be honest, we can’t cook all the time. This is America and we know that we are all busy. What is wrong with the drive through every once in a while? Introduce it to them now and let them know that every so often it is ok. You’re not going to die from eating something terrible once a month. Ok, onto our recipe for the day!
Scott and I made creamy crock-pot tortellini soup yesterday! The recipe is super easy so here we go!
- 1 1.8-ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 7- to 8-ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
4. Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Sorry, I didn't have time to take the best pictures! It turned out fantastic and we both loved it. We didn't add the mushrooms but I'm sure we could have substituted something for them if we really wanted to. For the record, it would go perfect with a panini!
Have you tried out a new recipe lately?? Did you like it? Also, how do you feel about kids and fast food??
Good night <3