This was the first time I have ever made bread. Let me say, it was amazing! I found this recipe at Lauren's Latest! It takes a little while to make but it is definitely worth the wait! This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread. I don't have the best picture of it but it is so delicious!
1 cup Warm Water
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 envelope Active Dry Yeast (2 1/4 Teaspoons)
1 teaspoon Salt
3 cups Bread Flour
Olive Oil, For Greasing Surfaces
⅓ pounds Sharp White Cheddar, Or Any Other Cheese You Prefer
½ cups Garlic Butter
1) Stir water, honey, & yeast together. Let yeast proof for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in salt & flour. After well mixed, let mixer kneed dough for 5 minutes.
3) Grease bowl & dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
4) Cut dough into two equal portions and swirl into long baguettes the length of the cookie sheet.
5) Cover baguettes with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
6) Preheat oven to 400 F, once preheated bake loaves at 350 F for 20 minutes
7) Slice cheese into thin slices and melt butter.
8) Once loaves are done baking brush with butter & bake another 5-7 minutes.
9) Let loaves cool, cut 3/4 through the loaves in 1 inch increments.
10) Brush butter between each slice and fill with a slice of cheese.
11) Bake another 3-5 minutes to melt cheese, serve immediately.
I'm linking up with Cheap, Crafty Momma & Today's Creative Blog.