I was hesitant making this because of the ingredients (My household is so picky!) but I tried it at work one day and it was fantastic! I got the recipe off the Wegmans.com website.
- About 1.6 lbs Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Pan Searing Flour
- 2 Tbsp Pure Olive Oil
- 16 oz Cleaned & Cut Minestrone Soup Vegetables (Potatoes, carrots, zucchini, etc.)
- Salt and pepper
- 32 oz Beef Culinary Stock
- 14.5 oz Italian-Style Diced Tomatoes (I did not add these)
- 24 oz Seasoned Tomato Sauce (I used homemade sauce, I'm sure jar sauce would be just as good)
- 1/2 cup dry Ditalini Soup Pasta
- 15.5 oz Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz Baby Spinach
Step 1) Dust beef with pan searing flour.
Step 2) Heat oil pn medium-high heat, add beef and sear for about 10 minutes until all sides are browned
Step 3) Transfer beef to slow cooker, leaving drippings in pan.
Step 4) Add vegetables into pan drippings, season with salt & pepper, cook while stirring approximately 3 minutes and then add to slow cooker.
Step 5) Add stock, tomatoes, and sauce to slow cooker, cover, and cook 4 1/2-6 hours on high or 8-10 on low.
Step 6) Add pasta and beans 30 minutes before end of cooking on high.
Step 7) Add spinach and stir well to blend about 2 minutes.
We also added cheese on top! Yummm!